Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Christmas

The holiday season is almost upon us - wow, that crept up fast! - and it's time to get cooking in the kitchen, pruning in the garden and sewing on the Husky!

In the kitchen for Christmas this year I'm going to try my hand at baking some macadamia and white chocolate shortbread, hopefully a nice little treat for my neighbours who have been a fantastic support network for me over this past difficult year.

The garden is an absolute mess and could do with a bomb, spring having sprung into summer with a vengeance, might be time to get one of the leaflet-dropping maintenance men around. Ah well, at least the gardenias are out! I love to gather up big bunches to bring inside and enjoy their perfume.

On my sewing radar is a short jacket/shirt pattern by Butterick, #5223,that I'm going to make from a polished cotton. Often in summer it's too hot for anything with extra fabric like sleeves or collars but I love the style lines of this top and, what the heck, I'll wear it in autumn!

View Butterick 5223

No comments:

Post a Comment